Psychological Science uses established theoretical frameworks to investigate, explain, and predict what we do as individuals and as groups. This three-year general applied psychological science curriculum places a heavy emphasis on applying knowledge to professional practice contexts. It establishes the theoretical foundations upon which many methods and procedures have been developed. The course covers experimental design techniques that are applicable to real-world research.
The Bachelor’s degree in Psychological Science will prepare students for professional work and future study by exposing them to a breadth of knowledge in the discipline of Psychology.
To enter our Bachelor of Science (Psychological Science) program, you will require GCE A-Levels: 5 points (best of 3 subjects) | IB: 24 points | India: CBSE/ICSE – 60% HSC – 65%. Additionally, mathematics is essential, and calculus is desirable.
The English language requirements are an IELTS overall band score of 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band.
During this course you will, over three years of fulltime teaching periods, study subjects including:
• Foundations for Professional Health Practice
• Human Structure and Function
• Science and Professional Practice in Psychology
• Brain and Behaviour
• Abnormal Psychology
• Health and Wellbeing in Social and Cultural Contexts
• Psychological Science Experimental Methods
• Advanced Psychological Science Qualitative Methods
• Mixed Methods Research in Health Psychology
• Indigenous and Cross Cultural Psychology
Curtin University reserves the right to change course content to provide maximum learning outcomes. Any changes to a course structure will respect students’ rights to finish on time and will not require them to take additional units.
Credit for Recognised Learning is assessed on an individual basis
Curtin Dubai is offering the prospect to obtain the Bachelor of Science (Psychological Science) for AED 170,100* (inclusive of VAT). For More Fee Details: https://curtindubai.ac.ae/tuitionfees/
*The fee is subject to revision on annual basis.
The Bachelor of Science (Psychological Science) is a 3 year program when taken in a standard semester model as a full time student and 6 years when taken part-time on the semester model.
• Apply psychological theory to evidence-based practice and extend the boundaries of knowledge through research
• Discriminate between valid discipline knowledge and questionable esoteric theory and practice
• Apply logical and rational processes to critically analyse problems and generate innovative solutions to psychological questions
• Access, evaluate, and synthesise relevant information and evidence from a range of sources applicable to psychology
• Communicate effectively with individuals, groups, and communities
• Select and effectively use appropriate technologies relevant to psychological research and practice
• Demonstrate an ability for self-directed learning and reflective practice
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of international perspectives in psychology
• Demonstrate an understanding and respect for human rights and cultural diversity
• Independently and collaboratively apply professional skills in an ethical manner
Career opportunities include:
• Guidance / Careers counselling
• Social / psychological research
• Human services
• Life coaching
• Human resources
• Social welfare and other related fields
1. To be a registered psychologist in Dubai, students must complete either:
a. A bachelor’s degree in the field of psychology and a postgraduate doctoral degree (example: Ph.D., Psy.D., Ed.D., D.Clin.Psy) from an approved psychology faculty or an educational faculty with focus on psychology
b. A bachelor’s degree in the field of psychology and postgraduate full-time Master’s degree (includes MSc, MA, M.Phil) of minimum two (2) years course duration from a psychology faculty or an educational faculty with focus on psychology provided that the bachelor degree is minimum of four (4) years duration.
Both paths require a minimum of two (2) years’ experience post qualification in the related field.
2. To be a registered psychologist in Australia:
Completion of two years supervised psychological practice after fourth year, or completion of an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited two-year Masters program, or a one-year professional Masters program followed by one year of supervised psychological practice is required for full registration as a psychologist. Entry to the Masters programs is contingent upon first completing an APAC accredited fourth-year (undergraduate) course in Australia. The University has procedures to grant credit for prior learning for students wishing to transfer from Dubai to Australia during their undergraduate studies, so that they may achieve an Australian qualification.
To be eligible to complete fourth year in Australia a student must:
a. Transfer into the APAC accredited three-year degree in Australia before completing the non-accredited three-year degree in the Dubai campus. Students will be awarded advanced standing into the APAC accredited three-year degree based on Curtin’s transfer policy in conjunction with the APAC accreditation guidelines.
b. Transfer into the APAC accredited three-year degree in Australia after completing the non-accredited three-year degree in the Dubai campus. To be eligible for Credit Recognition of prior learning, APAC will map the units on an individual basis studied in Dubai to assess for equivalence by the Australian Psychological Society. Full Credit Recognition may or may not be given based on the assessment of APAC.
a. Entry into Psychology Fourth Year Stream in Australia: Completion of a three-year APAC accredited psychology course in an Australian university with a minimum of a credit average (60% average) in second and third year.
b. Entry into Psychology Honours Stream in Australia: The minimum requirement is completion of a three-year APAC accredited psychology course in an Australian university with a minimum of a distinction average (70% average) in second and third year.
The above requirements and procedures may change from time to time based on Curtin University and its campuses transfer policy and the APAC and local regulatory accreditation guidelines.
|Location||Curtin Dubai campus|
|Duration||3 years full-time|
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.