Curtin University Dubai has returned with its popular art fest this year. Introduced in 2018, this competition aims to explore the creativity of the UAE’s residents as they participate in a photography or art contest across the three categories of high-school students, university students, and the general public.
Curtin Dubai Urban Art Fest 2020’s theme of ‘The New Normal’ has already witnessed an overwhelming response with 1,300 sign-ups so far. The competition is also sponsored by UniNest Residences, a dedicated student residence that provides all amenities and comforts that students may require while studying.
The competition boasts of a power-packed judging panel featuring:
- Sucharita Basu, General Manager of UniNest Residences and a returning judge from 2018.
- Zahra Goulamhoussen, a world-renowned artist based in the Middle East and winner of the Jubilee Arts National Festival (GCC).
- Asim Rai, Art Director at Transnational Academic Group, responsible for the branding and campaign design for the group’s businesses in the Middle East and Africa, and two-time winner of the Adobe Live Composition and Photography Competition (2017 and 2018).
- Dane Soliveres, UAE’s famous art enthusiast, experienced in acrylic ink, watercolor, and digital art. He is currently a Business Development Officer at Curtin Dubai but refers to art as his true passion.
- Pratika Revannavar, Assistant Manager for Marketing, and responsible for the university’s branding, event management, social media, and content creation.
- Kate Roska, a student at Curtin Dubai and Grand Champion of CUAF 2018.
- Shweta Wahi, currently the AVP for Operations at Transnational Academic Group. Shweta has over 15 years of experience in the fashion industry, is a commissioned artist, and holds an Honors degree in Visual Arts.
Those who wish to participate in the Curtin Dubai Urban Art Fest 2020 can register at https://cuartfest.curtindubai.ac.ae/ and submit their entries before 11:59 PM on 15th August 2020.