Vision, mission and values
Curtin University is Western Australia’s most reputed university. Around 60,000 students attend a total of 16 Curtin locations, including campuses in Sydney, Singapore, East Malaysia and our newly established campus in Dubai. Curtin applies the philosophy of former Australian Prime Minister John Curtin (1941 – 1945), who said:
“The great university … should look ever forward; for it the past should be but a preparation for the greater days to be.”
Transform lives and communities through education and research.
Our five core values are:
- Integrity – to act ethically, honestly and with fairness
- Respect – to listen, value and acknowledge
- Courage – to lead, take responsibility and question
- Excellence – to strive for excellence and distinction
- Impact – to empower, enable and inspire
Our core values have been defined to help improve our lived experience1 at Curtin, and as a result:
- employers will actively seek our students because as future leaders they model values-based behaviours
- people will seek us out and choose to stay with Curtin Dubai because we are an employer of choice
- industry partners and stakeholders will be proud to engage with a values-based organisation
By building on a foundation of integrity and respect, and through courage, we will achieve excellence and have an impact on the communities we serve.
Our values help to create a culture where our students and staff feel supported, valued, respected and inspired to be successful for themselves, for each other and for Curtin University. This is essential if we are to fulfil our strategic ambitions and if the University community is to provide an environment that enables students and staff to succeed.
In realising our vision, the People and Culture theme of the Strategic Plan will ensure that we:
- create a global, collaborative and connected workforce.
- empower staff at all levels to lead, innovate and strive for excellence.
- strengthen values-based leadership.